Need Help? Call Us
Need Help? Call Us
|Product Description||Product Image|
Please Contact Bomara for ordering information or assistance.
Technical Specifications for the CSG14U:
d = Domestic i = International
0° to +40° C (Office)
-25° to +60° C (Industrial)
-40° to +75° C (Premium)
d,i AC external
Hd, external +12V Term. Block
Pd, pi AC +12 Term. Block
12V DC Term. Block
24V DC Term. Block
-48V DC Term. Block
Panel Clips incl. or DIN-Rail Bracket
Hardened for Factory Floor (CSG14UH-)
Premium Rated for Outdoors (CSG14UP-)
Technical Specifications for the CSG14U:
- Fiber ports: Two Industry standard SFP (Small Form-factor Pluggable) FDX open transceiver ports that accept 1000 Mb and 100Mb SFPs; User switch selection of Gb or 100Mb speed, per port.
- RJ-45 Port Data Rate: 10 / 100 / 1000 Mbps, FDX and HDX modes, auto-negotiation and auto-cross MDI-MDIX
- Non-blocking switching, 64KB packet buffer memory
- Address buffer storage = 1K addresses
- Address buffer age-out time = 300 seconds
Ethernet IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u & ab; IEEE 802.1p, 1000BASE-TX, 1000BASE-SX, -LX, -ZX, 100BASE-FX
Data packets that have the 4 bytes tagged VLAN field (IEEE 802.1q) inserted in them are received and transmitted unchanged by all CSG14U Universal Converter Switches.
- Ambient Temperature ratings
- CSG14UH: the ambient temperature rating is –25°C to 60°C long term per independent agency tests (UL), or –40°C to 85°C short term per IEC Type Tests
- CSG14UP: the ambient temperature ratings of –40°C to 75°C long term per independent agency tests (UL), or–40°C to 85°C short term per IEC Type Tests.
- Storage temperature, all models:-40° to 212°F (-40°C to 100°C)
- Cold start: CSG14UH model to -20°C, CSG14UP model to -40°C
- Ambient Relative Humidity, all models: 5% - 95% (non-condensing)
- Altitude, all models: -200 to 50,000 ft. (-60 to 15,000m)
- Conformal coating (humidity protection) optional; request quote.
Enclosure:Robust sheet metal; H&P models: IEC 529 rated IP40
Dimensions of units: 3.5 in H x 3.0 in W x 1.0 in D (8.9 cm x 7.6 cm x 2.5 cm)
Weight: CSG14 Switch Units (populated): 6.1 oz (173g)
Power Supply - Hd, Hi: 5.8 oz (165g)
Power Supply - Pd, Pi: 7.9 oz (225g)
Cooling Method: Convection; case used as a heat sink.
Mounting for CSG14 Family of Switch Units
Metal panel mounting clips: included
DIN-Rail mounting option: Model # DIN-RAIL MC2
Rack-mount option: Model MC14-TRAY
Depth: 6.0", Width 17",
Height 2.25" (15 cm D x 43cm W x 5.7cm H)
SFP Speed Selection Switches
Each SFP port is factory set to Gb speed.
Users may select 100Mb speed via DIP switches on the back.
Each SFP port is individually speed-selectable.
After changing speed switch setting, power down the unit.
Fiber Port Connectors
Gigabit SFP Fiber Transceivers
- "SFP-SX"=1000BASE-SX-LC:fiber optic 850 nm multimode SFP, 550 m. nominal, 2 km per Power Budget
- "SFP-ESX"= 1000BASE-SX Extended, fiber optic 1310nm multimode with LC, 2 km nominal, 3 km per Power Budget
- "SFP-LX10"= 1000BASE-LX-SLC: fiber optic 1310nm single-mode SFP, 10 km nominal, 22 km per Power Budget
- "SFP-LX25"= 1000BASE-LX-SLC: fiber optic 1310nm single-mode SFP, 25 km nominal, 40 km per Power Budget
- "SFP-ZX40"= 1000BASE-ZX-SLC: fiber optic 1550nm single-mode SFP, 40 km nominal, 60 km per Power Budget
- "SFP-ZX70"= 1000BASE-ZX-SLC: fiber optic 1550nm single-mode SFP, 70 km nominal, 90 km per Power Budget
100Mb SFP Fiber Transceivers
- "SFP100P-FXMM2"=100FX SFP-LC Premium MM plug-in, multi-mode, 2Km distance (formerly "XSFPLXMM")
- "SFP100P-FXSM20"= 100FX SFP-LC Premium SM-20 plug-in, single-mode, 20Km distance (formerly "XSFPLXSM")
- "SFP100P-FXSM40"= 100FX SFP-LC Premium SM-40 plug-in, single-mode, 40Km distance (formerly "XSFPEXSM")
RJ-45 Port Connectors
RJ-45 triple-speed 10/100/1000 auto-negotiation and auto-cross: shielded 8-Pin female.Supports shielded (STP) and unshielded (UTP) twisted pair cables
LED Indicators, Two Sets: Top-front and in End with Ports
- POWER: ON for power applied
- Gb per port: Steady ON for Gb, OFF for 100 or 10 Mb speed
- LK/ACT per port:Steady ON for LINK with no traffic, blinking for Activity.
Power Supplies for AC (External)
- Power input DC jack (8 to 15V) is 2.5mm, center +ve, with 6ft. DC cord
- Input: 100-240vac at 47-63 Hz for "-Hd", "Hi" models, see Note 1, 2
- Input:95-260vac at 47-63 Hz for "-Pd", "Pi" models, see Note 1, 2
Power Input Options for DC
- 12V DC, internal (range of 8.0 to 15V DC), built-in screw terminal block for +, -, ground. The 12V DC jack is also present.
- 24V DC internal (range of 18 to 36V DC) built-in screw terminal for +, -, ground. The 12V DC jack is also present.
- -48V DC internal (range of 30 to 60V DC), built-in screw terminal block for +, -, ground. The 12V DC jack is also present.
- Note1:the 12V DC jack can be used for dual source DC power input
- Note2:internal DC power floats, user may ground + or – if desired.
- Power Consumption for all models is 4 Watts typical and 5 Watts max.
Agency Approvals and Standards Compliance
- UL listed (UL60950), cUL, CE, Emissions meet FCC Part 15, Class A.
- NEBS L3 and ETSI compliant
- IEC61850 EMC and Operating Conditions Class C for Power Substations
- IEEE 1613 Environmental Standard for Electric Power Substations
- P model: NEMA TS-2 and TEES for traffic control equipment
Made in USA
1:External 12V1A power supply, wall plug or power cord for North America AC receptacles. Temperature rating same as CSG14UH, see above. (North America: for spare, order Model PSH-12V1A-Hd. International: order Model PSH-12V1A-Hi with IEC plug).
2:External 12V1A power supply, rated for outdoor temperatures same as CSG14UP, see above. Universal AC input with recessed IEC plug. (North America: for spare, order Model PSP-12V1A-Pd, International: order Model PSP-12V1A-Pi with IEC plug).
Features for the CSG14U:
Fiber Flexibility - Provides two SFP open transceiver fiber switch ports and one 10/100/1000 copper switch port
Port Flexibility - Each SFP port accepts either Gb or 100Mb fiber SFP transceivers
Two Models for Heavy-duty Application Environments - Hardened for Factory Floor; Premium-rated for -40 to 85ºC, and outdoors
Power Flexibility - Integral terminal blocks for 12, 24, 48VDC power input, external AC power supply optional
Either DIN-Rail or Tray-Mountable - Same packaging and mounting options as popular Magnum CSG14-Series Gb Converter Switches