Secure Infrastructure Management Architecture (SIMA)
The ION Networks SIMA blueprint provides a solid security-focused
foundation for the management of critical infrastructure resources.
SIMA ensures that security policies, baseline controls, and management
processes can be implemented for the secure management of critical
infrastructure based on specific business needs. SIMA keeps "the
barbarians at the gate" by securing the management touch points
of critical infrastructure.
- Ensures the secure access to infrastructure resources by remote
- Ensures that information cannot be read and understood while
- Ensures that unauthorized access to the infrastructure through
its externally-facing access points is prevented.
- Ensures that security breaches at all externally-facing access
points to the infrastructure are identified in a real-time manner
- Ensures that users are appropriately identified before gaining
access to infrastructure resources.
- Ensures that an authenticated user can only access administrator-approved
- Ensures that all security violations and sensitive activities
are documented and can be easily retrieved for investigation
and management purposes.
Users and Actions
- Ensures that no information leaves an organization without
authorization, and that information received from external sources
does not violate policies.
- Ensures that actions are securely logged so that no user can
deny the actions they take.
- Ensures safe management of private keys that provide authentication,
authorization, message integrity and non-repudiation services
- Ensures that user access requests are processed in accordance
with the stated directions of the administrator.
- Ensures that users are authenticated once and then granted
access programmatically to all infrastructure resources to which
they need to perform their job function.