You are here: Perle Index > Console Servers > CS9000
CS9000 Console Servers
As corporate networks and server farms grow in size and complexity, the ability to monitor and manage these networks and keep them up and running has never been more important. Console port management is an application that allows the secure management of servers and network devices locally or remotely over in-band or out-of-band network paths. It complements in-band management tools with a remote access path to devices, even when the main network is down.
The Perle CS9000 Console Server provides a simple and cost-effective solution for large corporate environments, Internet Service Providers, Application Service Providers and telecommunications companies to securely monitor and manage their networks and keep them up and running.
Keeping hackers out of your network is vital, and having secure access to monitor and manage remote servers and network devices is an absolute requirement in today’s diverse environments. With the Perle CS9000 Console Server you can do both.
The Perle CS9000 provides:
- SSH (secure socket shell) allowing administrators to connect securely over encrypted links.
- The ability to disable unused daemons such as Telnet, SNMP, HTTP, SSH, DHCP etc. This allows network administrators to further prevent security violation to the CS9000.
- Limited packet filtering to prevent unauthorized systems gaining access to the CS9000. This can be used to effectively ‘hide’ the CS9000 from hackers on the network.
- Radius, Local and back-up user authentication so only those users with access rights can get into your LAN.
- Line Access Rights per port enables an administrator to limit user access to specific ports and devices.
- Multi-session capability secures access rights for multiple users
Features and Benefits
- 8, 16, 24, 32 or 48 RS232 device management ports in a 1U, 10/100MB rack-mount unit
- 48VDC models available for telecom equipment management applications (standard models are AC international power)
- Sun Safe - the Perle CS9000 does not send the "break signal" during power cycle preventing costly server re-boots or downtime.
- The largest Port Buffers in the industry capture, timestamp and store messages from attached devices even when the administrator is not connected. An administrator can connect to a port to view these buffers and view any important messages the attached device has generated. The enhanced timestamping feature records events by the 'second' either through the CS9000's internal clock or synchronized with an external NTP or SNTP time server on the network.
- The CS9000 is the only Console Server to offer secure unlimited remote buffer data storage to capture, 3DES encrypted, stored on a LAN based NFS host, decrypted, viewed and stored.
- The Multi-Session feature allows multiple users simultaneous connection to a specific port on the CS9000 based upon the user rights for that port. The user connection allows the sending of messages, killing sessions and changing to various connection modes dynamically through a single initial connection based on the user's rights.
- Management of Windows 2003 Servers - by using Microsoft Emergency Management Services (EMS) via the COM port. This allows an administrator back-up access to servers, even when the GUI has frozen, to resolve a problem or failure thus saving valuable time and resources.
- Easy Port Access – To eliminate the need to administrators to know which devices and servers are connected to each console server, the CS9000 provides a menu to each user connected via Telnet or SSH showing a list of port name and user created descriptor fields. Through the menu the user can automatically connected to the port of their choice.
- Easy to install, set-up and configure.
- Secure access to monitor and manage remote servers and network devices
- Server Farm Management in which hundreds or even thousands of computers and network appliances are rack mounted to provide storage and computing power
- Single point of access for Network Application Management of any network device with a console management port including Routers, Telecom Equipment, Remote Access Servers, Firewalls, PBX's, Raid Systems, Backup Solutions, Switches, Environmental Controls, etc…