NetReach Model PLS-345
Physical Layer Switch
- Controlled A/B Switching of Cat5 Connections
- A/B Routing of 10/100 Ethernet, ISDN, DSL, Telco, or RS-232 Lines.
- Remote Switching to "Out-of-Service" or "Off-Line" Conditions.
- Switch to Backup Firewall or VPN.
- Disaster Recovery Switching.
- Three Individually Controlled RJ-45 Circuits.
- IP and Password Security Features.
- Signal Monitoring for Automatic Switching.
- Retains Selected Position with Power Off.
- Independent 10Base-T Ethernet Control Port.
- Independent RS-232 Console Port.
- Independent Modem Port for Out-of-Band Management.
- View Detailed Technical Specifications
The PLS is designed for applications that require automatic
routing of Cat5 10/100 Base-T signals between a common jack and an "A"
and "B" jack. The PLS is also ideal for switching RS-232, DSL, RS-422/485,
or telephone lines.
This versatile A/B switching system can be controlled over any TCP/IP
network using standard Telnet, or out-of-band using an external modem
and basic VT100 type terminal emulation. Each of the three A/B circuits
can be switched via code command or locally via manual switches from the
front panel. Other intelligent features include; password, site ID, connector
labels, status display and more.
The Monitor Mode allows the PLS to monitor an external RS-232 or contact
closure input and automatically switch selected A/B paths. Definable parameters
allow the user to select the monitor signal trigger duration, circuits
to switch, and the option to return to its original A/B position.
Address-specific IP security masks prevent unauthorized sources from accessing
the PLS menu through the network. The PLS provides two levels of operational
passwords; the system administrator level, which allows access to all
configuration and switching functions, and the user level, which only
allows switching of the circuits.
Easy to Configure, Easy to Use
The PLS can be configured over the network, via modem, or the local console
port. Easy to use commands let you assign a location name, set system
parameters and view circuit status. Circuits can be switched using circuit
numbers or names.
Reliability and Support
The PLS is build in the USA and backed by a two year warranty. NetReach
products are installed in thousands of network sites world wide. Our customers
know they can depend on superior quality and reliability for their mission-critical