LanSafe v. 5 UPS Software (replaces previous versions of LanSafe and FailSafe)
The next generation of LanSafe power management and UPS monitoring software has arrived complete with a series of revolutionary features new to the power quality arena.
LanSafe v. 5 delivers comprehensive support including graceful, remote shutdown of UPS systems and network monitoring tools via serial, USB, and network connectivity options.
LanSafe Power Management Software provides automatic, unattended and graceful shutdown of computer systems throughout the network during an extended power failure. It continuously monitors the UPSs status and automatically notifies defined users locally and remotely about UPS events. LanSafe can be setup to shutdown a large group of computers running multiple Operating Systems (e.g. UNIX, Windows, Novell). It's exclusive SafetyNetTM technology enables network administrators to establish a user-defined sequential shutdown so that the most critical equipment (such as database or file servers) is shut down last, after work in progress is saved from client workstations through hubs, switches, routers and communication servers. With customized alerts, one can specify unique text messages associated with each alert, and to which users the alerts are broadcasted. For remote alarms, the software can initiate an e-mail message to immediately notify users about a power problem.
|In addition, LanSafe provides as standard the ability to send SNMP Traps to any SNMP compliant Network Management System (NMS) like e.g. HP-OpenView or CiscoWorks 2000. LanSafe also supports the 'GET' and 'SET' SNMP commands, which allows the NMS administrator to periodically enquire all metering information such as input voltage, output voltage, battery health and runtime among others.
LanSafe software is bundled free-of-charge with all Powerware UPSs on a single CD-ROM - The Powerware Software Suite.
Features and Benefits
- Patent pending Cost savings Calculator allows users to determine overall savings resulting from the LanSafe monitoring system
- Exclusive Stealth Mode Operation enables LanSafe v. 5 to run in the background without visual traces
- 3-D PowerScope and ControlRoom views eliminate the guesswork from UPS metering and status information
- History View provides around-the-clock visual representation of the system event log in calendar format
- Automatic Regional Settings Detection enables date, time, temperature and UPS receptacle graphics to be automatically selected according to the operating system's regional settings
With new LanSafe v. 5, comprehensive power management has never been easier!
Lansafe v. 5 is supported by the following Operating Systems:
- Windows 98, Me, NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003
- Linux Redhat v. 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 8.0, 9.0
- Linux SuSE v. 7.2
- AIX v. 4.1, 4.3.2, 4.3.3, 5.1, 5.2
- HP-UX v. 10.20, 11.0, 11i (11.11), 11i v1.6 (11.22)
- Novell NetWare v. 5.0, 5.1, 6.0